Bake Sale 1 {W}

May 29, 2013

Tiramizu, Transfers, and Grace!


March 20, 2013

Making Tiramizu without coffee!

Alright, some big news for this week. But first of all, I just want to share my thoughts with you. I have been so full of gratitude this week. I am super duper tired. And the weather has been horrible. But the lyrics of the song "Grace" by U2 have been stuck in my head. You might have to look up the lyrics for me to help me out a bit (the blessing of missionary brain includes forgetting song lyrics and other stuff :) ) but I remember a line that goes "grace makes beauty of hopeless things." Oh how true that is. I am one of those hopeless things. I realized this week that I am nothing without the Savior. He makes me who I am. He makes MIRACLES out of broken things too. I have often found myself saying "I'm broken." I have felt that way one too many times on the mission. But, grace makes all the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsFRQoYVzHc



Anyway, so the news for this week is that I am being transferred! Oh my heart sank when I heard it. I have grown to adore this city and everything in it. Also, I will be training for the first time!!! Welcome, little verdina (translation: Greenie). I can't wait to meet her. I am nervous beyond BELIEF. Also, to add to that, I will be opening up COMO to a sister companionship! Talk about CRAZY. We will live in Milan for 2 weeks while they find an apartment for us, and we will take the train to Como every day after lunch. Oh mamma mia. I want to hide. But, the promise of being qualified for your call just keeps reminding me that it's possible! I can do it. Thanks to Grace. And thanks to wonderful emails from home reminding me why I am here. 


Katie's Travels 


I am beyond proud of Dad. He is such a good example to me! I have never been more sure in my life than I am now of the reality of a loving Heavenly Father. He is watching out for dad, you, and everyone else. As cliche as it sounds, it is still SO true. I wish I could express how lucky I feel to be a member of our family, in this day in age.

Okay, we have to go get our greenies. Sorella Santoro is training here in Firenze, btw! it is her 3rd time. THE HASTENING IS HERE!!!!!! I LOVE being a part of it!!!

Ciao famiglia! Vi voglio bene!

Sorella Beus



Getting Sorella McCann



No comments:

Post a Comment