March 27, 2013
27
Marzo 2013
Dear
Dad,
I
just got done reading the chapter of “Called to Serve” from the
book you got called “Words of Wisdom for Missionaries.” Wow. I've
read those quotes before when you sent them, but they means SO much
more to me now. If there are other quotes/stories in that book, I
would love to read them!! Or maybe mom could send that book?! That's
not the only reason I'm writing... but I wanted to tell you first
that I'm grateful that you are such a thoughtful dad :) I love you so
much. I love the mission so much.
Alright,
so we are living in Milan right now with two other sisters. We went
to Como last Saturday for a wedding. I loved it!
The members are incredible. Within 2 minutes of church ending, we had
3 referrals. SO
different than Firenze. There are loads of cute adorable kids. Our
ward mission leader's name is Fratello Elia, and he is on the ball!!
He found out that we were going back & forth from Milan to Como,
so he asked the members to provide us w/lunch so we could eat more
than apples & crackers. We went on Monday to a member's house &
it was so fun. She was so glad to have us over & was excited to
show us her house & tell us about her family. 3 cute little kids.
:) I love it. And DAD! Guess what?! I am speaking Italian! I LOVE it.
And, I am also TRAINING. I got super lucky. My companion is Sorella
McCann from Orem, UT. We get a long well. I feel like God is looking
out for me because he always sends me wonderful companions. Sorella
McCann & I are a lot alike. I hope so bad to help her learn to
love the mission. She has SO
much potential. I am grateful for the chance to work with her. I hope
things go well for the work in Como. President Wolfgramm is happy we
are together. And like I always say, miracles are waiting to happen.
Anyway...
I
am reading in Acts, & I love it! I adore the Bible! Acts 26: 19,
22-23 really just touched me this morning. Paul is so obedient to his
heavenly vision! It makes me want to pay more attention to the
personal revelation I receive, & be obedient to it! I need to
hold more dearly the things I receive from Heavenly Father.
Alright,
sorry this is short & sloppy. I just want you to know my thoughts
(BIIIG SMILEY FACE)
Love
you & Mom!!! SO VERY MUCH!
See
you soon! :) :) :)
Love,
Sorella Beus
![]() |
| http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g187833-Lake_Como_Lombardy.html#1691087 |
![]() |
| "I had no idea I loved trains so much!" - Katie |
Also, bless Brock Harding's heart... he sent me this great news from Katie :)
So
we are living in Milano and we take the train to Como every day. I
can't help but adore every moment I am having on the mission.
especially the train rides to and from cities. I had no idea I loved
trains so much.
Okay.
Como. It is a city nestled in the mountains. It a huge lake with
homes, docks, and boats lining the edges. But the boats aren't those
whimpy kind...they are like yachts, and speed boats and stuff. It is
legit. I actually heard that George Clooney used to have a home near
the lake here in Como. But he moved. According to the elders who are
serving here. bummer. The other night, we were going to the station
in the rain, and I looked to my left, and was blown away by the view.
It was the lake with a sort of mist right over it. But the lights
from all the docks and boats and houses/mansions was reflecting off
the water. I stopped for a minute with my companion and we just
basked in complete happiness.


No comments:
Post a Comment