http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqfDs-64I0
This is from a wonderful song by Mercy Me about the question Why?....
From Katie this week:
Okay, this week has been full of the question "Why?"
From Katie this week:
Okay, this week has been full of the question "Why?"
Like...
Why did God want me here? Why did I need to serve in Italy? Why is
this work SO hard? Why don't people listen? Why am I in LOVE with my
mission? Why did I leave all my life behind for this? Why are there
so many miracles?
I
have found so much peace when I have asked myself these questions. I
was thinking back to when I was doing my papers and put that I had
studied Spanish. I had been hoping that somehow, some way, they would
think to send me to Italy. I remember just hoping SO bad to come
here. BUT, I was willing to go WHEREVER. That is the beautiful thing
about being here. There isn't a more personal way that I feel my
Savior's love other than the fact that He wanted me HERE. At this
moment in missionary history. A time when there are more people
prepared to hear the gospel than ever. I love thinking about all the
feelings I felt while trying to decide to come on a mission. I
distinctly remember conversations with everyone that is important to
me. All those conversations left me wanting to be out in the field.
They left me with a feeling of being incomplete without those
experiences in my life. And that "incompleteness" fills up
every day I am out here. Even when I think there is no room left in
my little heart, someone or something slips right in as if it were
meant to be there. I am still obsessed with my mission. :)
Last
week for my birthday, we got to go to ward council. I am remembering
sitting there being surrounded by the members and feeling so much
love I could have burst into tears. Sometimes it AMAZES me how much
more I want to cry on the mission. It's changed from crying because
it is NOT what I expected to crying because it is WAY MORE than what
I imagined. I love it.
This
week, tons of people have asked us why we are here. I mean, it is so
not normal that we come and leave everything behind to serve.
People on the street have told us that they feel bad we are here
in the north of Italy. They tell us, "The people are really cold
here. I bet they don't listen or want to talk to you." It
sometimes confuses me. They are so right! But our response has been
that we aren't here to find those who don't want to listen...but
those who hunger for more. The more rejections you get, the more
"acceptions" you get. It is simple math! And while I may
not be the best at talking to everyone, I have seen the miracles that
come when we simply try.
Hmm...what
else is on my mind...
That's
it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. :)
Love,
Sorella
Katie Beus
No comments:
Post a Comment