May
8, 2013
| Slla. Hallum, Allison Riding's roommate from BYU! |
Alright, so there is not a lot of new things going on. SO, I decided to write you a small list with why I love Italy and Italians.
1.
The people are the best! The other day, we were walking through a
small little cafe to get to the train station, and this group of old
Italian men asked us what our religion was and if we could explain
it. We sat down and started sharing with them a mini verson of the
restoration, and they got WAY into it. We prayed with them and what
not, and they didn't want to hear more because they have their
religion...but it was nice to see that the message is unique that we
share. It is special. It is TRUE. One of them, Giovanni, told us that
we will never want to go back home. Italians just are born with a
goodness that you can't find anywhere else.
2.
The church. The members here are so strong. They give the gopsel
their ALL. As we all should. They laugh. They joke. They love showing
their affection to all those around. We have, like, 5 mothers here
that look out for us. They are SO willing to share the gospel, and
just need to know where to start.
3.
The food. There isn't a whole lot to say about it except that it is
the best. I'm completely biased. And obsessed.
4.
The scenery. I feel like we are in a MOVIE. I can't get enough of
walking around in this beatiful city! The trees, the streets,
the GREEN...mamma mia, I'm in love with this country!!
5.
The conversations we have here. For example, we were eating with a
member one time and she said, "Can you tell there are 4
different cheeses in this pizza? Wanna know what they are??? Okay,
I'll tell you." and then she began listing off the cheeses. She
was so proud of herself. I love that people are themselves here! It
makes for interesting and funny conversations. I have no idea how to
explain it.
Alright,
that's it for today! LOVE YOU BUNCHES. SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!!!
How
does 4 or 5 (our time) sound? Hope it works for you. :) Cause I'll be
here. at the internet cafe. Awaiting our call.
Love,
Sorella
Beus
No comments:
Post a Comment