April
17
We
got to experience one of the neatest things this past Monday! Elder
Steven B. Allen, an Area Seventy that heads up the Missionary
Department, came to the mission! The mission president and assistants
invited about half of the sisters, all the zone leaders, and a couple
of district leaders to attend a special training! How did we get so
lucky to be here in this place, in this moment and time?! It was held
in Lamugnano, which is right across the street from where we live
here in Milan. I learned so much. He taught us so many valuable
lessons about how to truly teach about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He
taught us how to invite, how to pray, and how to teach. He taught us
how to plan so that our days and weeks (and therefore transfers) go
better. I could not have been more grateful for his influence on all
the missionaries that were in that room.
When
it comes to the work, I have to be honest and say that numbers aren't
lookin' too good...BUT, we are both giving it our ALL. We are tired,
and happy at the end of the day, and that is what matters. I was
writing Dad, and realized something about this mission. Remember when
I was talking about how I KNEW there was someone here in Italy that
needed me? She is my age, and has had a life similar to mine, and
needs my testimony? Well, still haven't met her yet. I started
thinking, maybe that girl was ME. Maybe, I needed to realize that I
can be changed. My heart is in a constant state of change. We love so
many people, all at the same time, and I never knew that was
possible! We change house, companion, and city every few weeks or
months, and we're expected to learn how to adjust. We live with
someone for TWENTY FOUR/SEVEN. Geesh, that is SO not normal!! But you
know what?! I LOVE IT. I love my nametag that identifies me as a
servant of the Lord. I love walking around in Milan with a Book of
Mormon in my hand. I love getting rejected because I know it means
there is someone else out there who is ready to accept, and needs our
time. I love speaking Italian and eating with Italians. I love
meeting people!!! I love asking questions. I love studying the
scriptures. I love knowing that Heavenly Father knows each and every
one of His children...and LOVES them. With a love greater than we can
even imagine. I love riding on buses in the mountains in Como,
looking out over the lake and all the houses, and realizing that
there are people in those houses who are waiting for the gospel. It
is safe to say that I am still obsessed with my mission. I would love
to find "that girl" that I felt was here. But if in fact it
is me, then I couldn't be more grateful. The mission is changing me.
I love change. I needed the testimonies of every single person I have
met who has one, member or non member. I needed to be to the point of
breaking down, so that I could find the source of true strength. I
needed to truly love the scriptures and learn how to learn from them.
I needed to be changed. I am the luckiest.
There
it is. My testimony. I love my Savior. I love the gospel of Jesus
Christ that makes being with God again possible.
Love,
Sorella
Katie Beus

No comments:
Post a Comment