Bake Sale 1 {W}

October 06, 2012

Highlights of September 2012


FIRST MONTH IN ITALY!



The BEST letter EVER from Katie was the week she realized that her attitude could make or break this mission. (see post below) It came at a time when I needed it as well. I only wish I could have been half the woman she is at her age. I’m so gratefully happy for all the wonderful growth and maturity this mission is bringing about for her! 


We are staying busy! We are constantly on the go. It is fun to be meeting all kinds of people… So far, we have talked to 4 Muslims, 3 Atheists, 2 Orthodox, and 1 Buddhist. Each one is so nice and we end up teaching them a lesson even if they don't want to hear it. Sorella Padula is great that way. She talks to anyone and everyone. We have an investigator that looks like Bob Marley. He is the BEST. He is slowly progressing, but nevertheless, is progressing… We love our investigators and love even more to see their progress. They are incredible. Also, it is sad to see how the adversary works on those who are progressing. Some of our investigators are receiving so much opposition in their lives right now. I just wish we could make it better. If only they could see the blessings that will come! I know that God is aware of them and wants them to follow this path...but gosh, it is hard. 


We had the opportunity to go to a Zone Meeting on Monday and it was SO great! We were able to encourage each other to continue and we definitely felt motivated after leaving. It's always nice to be with other missionaries and realize that you are a part of a work so much bigger than yourself.


We are always seeing miracles and I wish I could write them all down. The general miracles are when we find someone at 8:55 and they end up wanting to continue to learn! We have a couple of investigators that we found this way and boy are we grateful for them. We are even more grateful for the Lord and his hand in this work. He sure does know His children. I feel so lucky to feel a part of that love as well



Cute Story:
We were waiting at a bus stop for a member who was going with us to a lesson. While we were sitting there, this little 6 year old rides up on his tiny bike and smiles at me and says "che bella!!" He turned around and then quickly turned back toward me and said "tu sei bella!" (translation “You’re beautiful”) -Grazie! It made my night. Oh the little things. If only we could convert him, haha!



I am beginning to fall in love with the people here. S.lla Padula said that we have one of the strongest branches she has ever seen...and she is SO right. The members are always offering to help us and they are so great about coming with us to lessons. They truly have the desire to help others come unto Christ and it is shown in their actions. I love them. They are so welcoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment