Excerpts of Katie's letter to her Grandma who just got back from serving a mission herself:
I loved getting your letter! I am always so impressed with your knowledge of the gospel... Thank you for thinking of me! I am the luckiest granddaughter in the world. :)
The new area is proving to be a lot more difficult than I had expected. Grandma, when we got here we didn't have a-n-y-thing. We do finding work ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I was so blessed to serve in such a well established city before this. To go from not enough time in the day for all the lessons we had to teach to no lessons at all has been very humbling. Every little miracle is noticed, and we are beyond grateful for any success we have. I'm learning a whole lot.
I think it's healthy to remember the reality of it all. This is the Lord's work, and His timing is key. We can't ask Him to do what He isn't ready to do. All we can do is work hard, ask for His will to be done and have enough trust and faith in Him to wait patiently for the results.
We did companion exchanges last week with 2 sisters who are in their last 2 transfers. I hope I can be in their shoes one day and know that I've done my best. I want to look back on the mission and be happy and feel fulfilled. So far, so good :) but there is still quite a ways to go. I'm ready. I am so excited to keep growing and seeing miracles. Thank you for the prayers. They are felt. :)
I love you oh so much!
Sorella Katie Beus
No comments:
Post a Comment