Bake Sale 1 {W}

January 19, 2013

"I love my name tag!" 12-14-12



This is from a handwritten letter to Kim:

14 Dicembre 2012

So, for the month of December, we gave a “Gift to Christ” every day. We all picked a Christlike attribute from Preach My Gospel Chapter 6 then wrote it on a paper star to put up on the Wolfgramm's Christmas tree :) :) :) They are such great mission presidents. Love them... beyond words. I hope you can meet them sometime. Anyway... I chose Diligence & it's been fun to see the change in me. Diligence is a hard quality for me... I love a good nap :) BUT there is enough to do on the mission that I need to focus & use every minute to the max. There are some times when it hits me how weird it is that I am out here. Me! Katie Beus! Imperfect & young, yet, sharing the gospel! I knock on about 40 doors & introduce myself to loads of people every day. It is so strange but so wonderful. I LOVE my nametag. I love that people look at it & associate me with the LDS church (Mormons)... Now, if only people would LISTEN! Geesh.

I wish I would have done more missionary work before I went on my mission. I had no idea how simple it is! All you need to do is open your mouth! Yeah, it's different when the people walk up to you & are staring at your name tag b/c you just ask them if they've ever heard of this church before while pointing to your tag. But still, you would be amazed at all the different ways you can bring up the church in random conversation. I try & think of anything to ask people while on the bus so I can at least talk to them. Per esmpio... I was sitting across from a lady on the bus & I had NO idea how to start talking to her but knew I wanted to... so I asked her where we can buy Christmas lights. HAHA! Funny thing was... it was still November & she thought I was CRAZY. Oh well... I tried. :) …

I am content here on the mission. I thought serving in Bergamo was hard, but we had it good in Bergamo. Kimmy, we don't have anything. No lessons, no investigators, no BLANKETS... but we did go out & buy Christmas lights! Life is always cozier with Christmas lights. FACT.

She decorated our Christmas Letters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment