Payback for Parents: I love
you all so much. I am SO grateful that the family is forever. I am so happy to
call you mine. Every time I read my patriarchal blessing, I am reassured that
we are in God’s hands. He is so aware of our needs. He knew I needed you as
parents. Thank you so much for supporting my decision to serve.
The MTC: I can’t get enough
of the power I feel here. I feel safe…. I don’t have to worry about anything
BUT preparing myself to serve. I am thankful every day to be here.
Health Report: I am
exercising every day! I love it! I actually run approx 2 miles, then jump rope
& do an arm/leg/ab workout. I teach all the girls, haha. They call me their
fitness trainer. You would be proud :)
Food Report: I try to eat
healthy for every meal and only have desserts on weekends. I always have a
salad and love the wheat tortillas with veggies inside. The problem is the
healthy choices don’t hold you over until the next meal but don’t worry. I am
figuring it out.
Twin Time: “Oh gosh, I miss you so much! It is wonderful here. You get
to hear so many diff languages as you walk from class to dinner. It’s awesome.
It’s amazing how strong the spirit is here. It’s weird how when there is ANY
contention or hard feelings, you feel the absence of the strong love and unity
the spirit brings. I think you would like it here but I have a feeling we would
be laughing at the wrong times.”
Sacrament Mtg: (first week)
We're all assigned to prepare talks in Italian and then come expecting to
speak. Once there, the Branch Pres. calls on who he thinks needs to give a
talk. Scary, right?! Good news is, it only has to be three to five minutes
long...and it takes me at least three to read a scripture in Italian, so it's
all good. :)
Teaching: I LOVE teaching! Never thought I would be
crazy about it, or even be good at it, but I've learned that the spirit does
the teaching if we take the proper steps to prepare for the lessons as best we
can. It is incredible how the spirit fills the rooms when we're letting our
investigator lead the discussion to what it is they need to hear. I love
teaching in Italian. It is a feeling that I can't express. There is something
powerful that goes on when you start teaching in another language and realize
that you didn't know you knew half of the words you just said.
Cool stuff: Right before
entering the chapel, Brother McMullin (2nd counselor) pulled me aside and asked
me if I would accept an assignment to become the Coordinating Sister! I gladly
accepted and can't WAIT! Basically, my assignment is to be the "zone
leader" for the girls and just love and talk to them...which shouldn't be
too hard at all. I am super excited
FINALLY SHE GETS IT: Days
continue to fly by! It is the best feeling when we get to the end of the day
and realize all that we've accomplished in the day. It's amazing what we can
get done in 16 hours when we're focused.
Read Between the Lines: We
just said goodbye to 11 missionaries and we will miss them so very much, but we
are beyond grateful for the opportunity to learn without the distraction of
missionaries ready to leave the MTC. I’m excited for the 28 new missionaries
coming!
More Payback: I am loving
that we get to read scriptures all the time. Mom & Dad, thanks for always
loving your scriptures. They are so beautiful. I love them. I love how they
connect our past & our future. I am so grateful for all the ‘gem’ scriptures,
the scriptures that, when read in the right moment, are written just for you.
Like Jacob 3:2. It reminded me that we need to be diligent in our relationship
w/God. It requires our heart AND mind to keep up a close connection with Him. I
am SO grateful that I was raised in a home where the gospel is important. I
have learned that this life is a life of change and growth. We will never know
everything, but our knowledge will continue to increase as we strive to learn
about the gospel & plan of salvation.
Testimony: The Book of
Mormon continues to amaze me. We are so blessed to have the scriptures.
EVERYTHING in the scriptures is in there for a reason (just like PMG). We can
learn SO much from them if we allow the spirit to guide our studies. Anyway, I
am enjoying every minute of studying the gospel. Heavenly Father is
BRILLIANT...just in case you didn't know, haha. He just fits everything
together so perfectly! Here is my testimony in Italian...I couldn’t find the
Italian keyboard on the computer, so this is it for now. :) Sono grata per
questa opportunita a portare la mia testimonianza con voi. Io so che Dio vive e
che Dio ci ama. Io so che Gesu Cristo morti per noi e che tramite l'Espiazione,
possiamo essere puri dai peccati. Sono grata per Joseph Smith e la
restaurazione. Io so che il vangelo e restaurato. So che la famiglia e per
eternita. Nel nome di Gesu Cristo, Amen.
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Con amore,
Sorella Beus
When we're good about writing we get gold stars... HAHA!
So proud of Katie! Love the gold stars
ReplyDelete