She flies out Tuesday morning early and arrives in Italy
around 4 a.m. Utah time on Wednesday. She will be 8 hours ahead for the next 16 months! Even
though we're not very good about forwarding them on, in her letters she always
thanks you for your prayers and support!!!!
Katie’s last letter from the MTC:
We are down to only a few days left in
Utah! AAH! I would like to say that I'm calm and collected, but previous events
have proven otherwise, haha. I have never ever experienced SO MANY emotions in
such a short amount of time. Yesterday was the ultimate emotional roller
coaster. I went from being SUPER excited for Italy to SUPER stressed about
all the things we have to get done before Tuesday. Wow. I'm just tryin'
to make it. :) So far, so good! I cried myself to sleep last night for the
first time. It has been a while and it felt nice actually. I just realized how
HARD this is. I've been so so so happy here. I feel like every day is
productive and I'm always so impressed with the progress of our zone. They are all
stellar. Last night while I was praying, I was realizing that this is probably
the most important work that can be done on this earth, and Heavenly Father is
trusting us with his work in ITALY!! What a wonderful place to be...and so
intimidating! We've been practicing doing street contacts lately and I LOVE it.
It is much more simple than I thought. The hard thing is trying to capture the
greatness of our message in just a few minutes! There just isn't enough time!
If you don't get the person interested in your message in those few precious
minutes, you lose your opportunity to open the door to sharing the rest of the
message. So sad. I have to keep reminding myself that even if we don't get
an appointment out of it, we have sure planted a seed. That's good, right? I
sure hope that's right.
This experience at the MTC has been
unforgettable. I have appreciated the time to learn about the gospel and be
immersed in the teachings and truth of the word of God. It truly is a beautiful
thing. I've been so touched by the stories that have been shared with us throughout
the past 8 weeks of converts and progressing investigators. Each convert has
such a sweet, sincere, and true testimony of the gospel. Sometimes I wish we
could all have that same experience in some way or another. And actually, we
all can! I love that we never have to stop asking questions. There should never
be a time in your life where you feel like you know everything. If you need to
confirm your testimony in some aspect of the gospel, then all you have to do is
ask Heavenly Father again! He will always answer, and you can know with surety
that the gospel is true. I often ask for confirmation that the Book of Mormon
is true...because sometimes it just seems too perfect. The response is always
the same..."Katie, you KNOW it's true...you don't need to keep questioning
it, but thanks for asking!" Sometimes, I make up conversations with
Heavenly Father so I can just picture what it would be like to be talking to
Him as if He were here. It helps. The conversation doesn't always go as I
expect, but it is still nice to imagine. :)
Sono grata per l'espiazione di Gesu
Cristo. Non posso pensare di una cosa piu grande che la opportunita di essere
pura ogni giorno e sappere che io tornerò al mio padre celeste. voglio trattare
di essere come gesu nella mia vita affinche potrò dire al padre celeste
que io provevo il mio migliore sulla terra. Io SO che questa
chiesa è vera. io SO che Gesu cristo è il nostro fratello. io SO che noi
abbiamo l'opportunità sulla terra di pentirsi e venire a Cristo tramite i
nostri azioni e il nostro desidero di osservare i nostri impegni.
Next stop, ITALY!!! Vi voglio BENE!! Vi
AMO!!!
Sinceremente,
Sorella Beus
No comments:
Post a Comment