Bake Sale 1 {W}

August 06, 2012

Great Letter and Pics at One Month



The Italian Missionaries


  The Sorelle

 On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Katherine Beus <katherine.beus@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hey mom!!! Thank you for sending all the pictures! LOVED every single one of them! I keep them by my bed and look through them all the time. I need more recent pics of the boys and you all. I just can't get enough!
I see SVU people allll the time and love it. It feels so great to be here. Guess who else I see?! KIRSI!!! She is lovely and happy and it makes my day when I see her. YES! I love life.  
Guess what?! Sorella Wightman's sister is really close with Bob and Mary Rich!! She served in DC with them! Yay! We just find more and more reasons to love each other every day. She is faster at typing and a hilarious writer so check out her family’s blog for her. Each day, we think of something funny that has happened in the day, and she writes them down so we can share them with our families. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! She is THE perfect companion...she has definitely set the bar really high for the next companion, haha. SOOOO neat about McKay Tanner! Tell him that I can't wait to see him! He will LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! There is nothing better than preparing for a mission in Italy. AH I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM!!! This is THE experience of a lifetime!!!
Okay, now for the serious stuff. I am LOVING the MTC. I can't help but smile and be happy here. The spirit is so strong. Each lesson just keeps getting better and better. Guess what?! We spoke Italian for AN ENTIRE DAY on Monday! It was incredible. I am so impressed with everyone. And so proud of them. They are all growing so much spiritually. The time is just flying by. We spend so much time in our classroom that it is starting to get old...but as long as we keep in mind what we are doing, everything is okay. We've all memorized the first vision, the purpose, the invitation to baptism, and we're working on memorizing good scriptures. Our “investigators” are growing so much in their testimonies!! This week, we taught Luca about repentance. We tied it into our lesson on prayer, and he liked that. He liked that repentance is something he can do anytime, anywhere, and everyday. He was very willing to repent so that he can continue on the road to baptism. We are so proud of him. Lorenzo is still too golden to be true. He loves every lesson and is eager to learn anything we have to share with him. We invited Brother Bulloch to come to our lesson so that he will have some friends in the area that are members. He is so alone in the world, so it was neat to see him get excited about having a member friend "in Rome."
I LOVE teaching! Never thought I would be crazy about it, or even be good at it, but I've learned that the spirit does the teaching if we take the proper steps to prepare for the lessons as best we can. It is incredible how the spirit fills the rooms when we're letting our investigator lead the discussion to what it is they need to hear. I love teaching in Italian. It is a feeling that I can't express. There is something powerful that goes on when you start teaching in another language and realize that you didn't know you knew half of the words you just said.
OH! I almost forgot. Our MTC fireside speaker was Jenny Oaks Baker. I have NEVER heard a violin played so beautifully!! My heart was SO full of love and gratitude that Heavenly Father put music on the earth. She played This is the Christ, Amazing Grace, and many more. By the end, I was so full of emotion, that I couldn't help but cry...It felt nice to cry. It doesn't happen enough here. It made me want to serve the best mission I can so that I can feel that happy inside again. Every day. Mom, if you could find a jenny oaks baker cd, I would be SO happy to have one. It was unbelievable. I am in love. It was great. We can't listen to music here, but we can on the mission. The cd player is perfect. :) LOVE YOU!
There is a little update! LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for your prayers, letters, and support. It means the world to me!

Love,
Sorella Beus

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping the blog up to date, Debbie :) fun to read. Sounds like she is doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete