Bake Sale 1 {W}

November 28, 2012

Starting with a Blank Slate... Nov 21, 2012




Dearest Family and Friends,

I have arrived in Firenze! We arrived Thursday and are already in love with it. We spent the first few days trying to figure out the city and find the church, etc. It is great. There are 4 elders and 2 sisters and we're serving in a branch. We cover about half of the city. There are 2 branches here. We are part of the Firenze district, not big enough yet for a stake. We are starting from ground zero and working our way up. It is crazy. I don't feel ready for this. We are pretty much opening an area! We tract ALLLLLLLL day!!!! Crazy. We live on Medaglie D'Oro, which is close to Via Delle Panche. We walk for now, but are getting bikes soon. Our apartment is old but I actually LOVE it. It has 2 rooms, a kitchen, bathroom and it has tons of personality. The branch is incredible here! They welcomed us right in! We spend the whole day walking around trying to talk to people and find investigators. It is ROUGH. But SO beautiful at the same time. We can only get better, right?! There is nothing like having a blank slate.

I miss Bergamo a ton, but know that Florence is where I am supposed to be. Maybe we don't know why we're here yet, but we know that there is a reason. Every day is like an adventure. We are growing and learning so much. By the way, my companion is Sorella Eaton from Rexburg, ID. She is GREAT! I love her to pieces. She is a political science major and really knows her stuff. She is small and talks like an Italian. It is fabulous. She is such a good example to me. She smiles at EVERYONE. Her confidence in the gospel is SO STRONG and nothing can stop her. She is legit! We have fun talking together. She knows the scriptures super well. Overall, I couldn't be happier! This is quite the experience. I feel like I don't know what to say about it yet. I'll let you know in a week how it is going. We're still figuring this whole city/mission out. We feel new again. Ah the joys of transfers. :) 
LOVE IT! I hope to have more to say next week.

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Sorella Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment