...where even the street signs are so classy!!
I made it to my first Zone Conference!!! I LOVED it!!! This whole mission thing sure is inspired. The president and assistants had prepared one of the most uplifting, inspiring conferences. It was perfect timing. I went to the conference with an open heart and mind, and I was not disappointed.
We spent about half of the conference talking about DESIRE. When you have the desire, you act, and then you see results. You can't act if you don't have the desire. Our desire as missionaries should be to constantly find, teach, baptize. As soon as you lose sight of this, you stop feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost guiding your path. The next thing we talked about to go along with this was real intent. When we are truly seeking to align our will with God's...with real intent...there really isn't a reason not to be successful. When we make God's will our own, we have the support of Him. There is no one else I would rather want on my team! Needless to say, I received the answers to all my questions in one way or another at the conference. Heavenly Father sure does know what he is doing!
I made it to my first Zone Conference!!! I LOVED it!!! This whole mission thing sure is inspired. The president and assistants had prepared one of the most uplifting, inspiring conferences. It was perfect timing. I went to the conference with an open heart and mind, and I was not disappointed.
We spent about half of the conference talking about DESIRE. When you have the desire, you act, and then you see results. You can't act if you don't have the desire. Our desire as missionaries should be to constantly find, teach, baptize. As soon as you lose sight of this, you stop feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost guiding your path. The next thing we talked about to go along with this was real intent. When we are truly seeking to align our will with God's...with real intent...there really isn't a reason not to be successful. When we make God's will our own, we have the support of Him. There is no one else I would rather want on my team! Needless to say, I received the answers to all my questions in one way or another at the conference. Heavenly Father sure does know what he is doing!
Some exciting news!!! Drumroll please....we have our first baptism this Saturday!! YEAH! His name is Steven, he's from Ghana, and we love him. We met him my first week here and have been teaching him every Tuesday and Thursday since. We have truly enjoyed watching him as his testimony has grown, as he's changed his life, and has he has truly come to understand the value of the gospel in his life. We can't help but smile when we talk to him. It has been quite the experience, and we're getting super stoked for Saturday! Yay!!! He always tells anyone he is with that we are his sisters. Something I truly admire about him is that he is so very loyal. He is super respectful to us and takes care of us in the best way he can. When he says that we are his sisters, he means it. He thinks of us as sisters! We love it.
I love you all! The letters of encouragement were definitely needed this week. Thank you for sending them! Love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment