| There is snow on the mountains! Sorella Padula has never seen snow! I hope she likes it! |
Ciao
tutti! Come va?! This week has been full of miracles! I prayed that I
could SEE the small miracles this week that are always happening. I had
to redefine miracle. Miracle: an event or feeling that allows you to see
that the Lord is in control of your life and the lives of those around
you. I had been waiting to see miracles like you hear about in the
missionary books...you know, the kind where people walk up to you and
say that they need to talk to you? Well, the Lord doesn't always work
that way, and sometimes you have to search for them. The other day, we
were walking around to different apartment buildings and calling
people. You have to wait outside at the little speaker thing until
someone opens the door to the building. Then, you just knock on all the
doors until you find someone. It was raining and dark, and we were about
to move on, but decided to just try one more name. It was a name that
was definitely not Italian, and when we went to talk to them, they
mumbled something, and got out the words that they were coming. A young
woman walks down the stairs to let us in, and we find out she speaks
English! Yay. She is from Iran. She said she had been reading "Eat Pray
Love" and was at the part about prayer when we rang. She said that she
doesn't know what to believe, but does believe in good energy and bad
energy...and we explained that was the Holy Spirit. She said she has
been searching for answers to her questions, and that we could come back
the next day! That is a miracle. When you find someone,
and know that God put them in your path so you could remember that He
is truly the master of this work.
The
mission is full of moments like this. I love it. At Stake Conference
this past Sunday, there was a sister missionary that recently came home.
She said sooooo many great things regarding the mission. Again, a
miracle. She expressed that sometimes the Lord asks us to do
something...not because we can do it, but because we need to do it. We
need to preach the gospel and we need to have faith. We need to repent
and be baptized. Luckily, our Heavenly Father never asks us to do
something we can't do. Moroni 7:33. We can do anything with the Lord's
help.
I
got in my first bike accident. Another biker accidentally turned into me. I hit the ground SOOO
hard! I just lay there for a few seconds and couldn't feel my left arm.
Gosh, all the thoughts that rush into your mind when something like that
happens are just crazy. In my head, I was
trying to think of how to respond in Italian, and just couldn't. For 3
days, I couldn't grip with my left hand, so I had a hard time using the
brakes on the
left side of my bike. My elbow and forearm were super bruised and still
are, but thankfully thankfully thankfully, I am slowly getting the
strength back. I am amazed sometimes at the things that don't phase me
anymore. I just don't react how I used to. I find myself not wanting to
stop for anything. There just isn't time to waste! Haha.
Happy Halloween!!! We get to have a Halloween Party with the elders and senior couple! AHODEEHO!!!
Love
you love you! Thank you for the prayers! I can feel the strength and
love from home, and couldn't be more grateful. You are the reason I am
still going strong.
Until next week!
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment