Bergamo Baptisms... Nov 14, 2012

The baptism went SO well! Patrisia is so very special to us. She came looking so beautiful! Her hair was perfect and she was wearing a new skirt. She looked fab. She admitted that she was nervous, but as soon as she put on the white dress, she felt calm...and truly, she looked like an angel. She didn't stop smiling all night. Sunday came, and all the Bergamo wards were combined. It was also the day when she was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. We had a lunch and lesson before chruch where we explained the Holy Ghost and how we communicates with us. She was so exicted and nervous, but so so sure that she was doing the right thing. She didn't stop smiling the rest of Sunday. She came to all of church and participated in everything. she is going to be such a valuable member to the church. She has been talkign with her sons about the church, and one of them is meeting with the missionaries and loves it. This work is TOO beautiful for words. I love Patrisia. I am going to miss her like crazy.
We have had some great lessons this past week. Stephen, our favorite African, brought a friend with him to a lesson. His name is Williams. He is SO excited to start meeting with us. He has a permanent smile on his face. We love it. My favorite thing he said was, "If you be hatin' Jesus, I don't like you..." He was so serious when he said it. I wish I could say it the way he does. Aw man, if only you could all hear our investigators! Sorella Padula and I are always quoting them. They each say certain phrases in particular ways, and I can't get enough of it. For example, Stephen always says, "Yes, I know, it is true. I know all." He says it with so much conviction, and we love it. We have a quote board full of our favorites. I am truly going to miss these people. But like I said forever ago, I guess this is how the mission is. You learn, you love...and then you learn and love something else. But your growth goes with you.
I love this church. I love the gospel. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ, and am so grateful for His sacrifice. I couldn't be more happy and content to be part of this great and marvelous work. Thanks for the support in this. :)
Sincerely,
Sorella Beus
No comments:
Post a Comment