Bake Sale 1 {W}

July 24, 2013

Divine Potential and Priesthood Blessings

Verona


Something I realized while making the decision about which release date to choose is that God has always given me the choice. Some people feel SO strongly that they need to stay longer or less. I just feel like I need to be home at some point. I wouldn't be able to progress if I stayed a missionary my whole life. So it makes sense. Also, I have just been reassured that somehow God trusts me. He knows that I will pick the right thing. What a great blessing and comfort! I will let you know as soon as I've made a decision. It will be in December either way. 

Another thing I wanted to touch on today is my gratitude for the priesthood. I was reading a conference talk this morning by M. Russell Ballard. It is the one called "this is my work and my glory." SO good. If you get a chance to read it, READ IT. We have been talking to so many people lately that just can't wrap their minds around the concept of a restoration. And as I discussed it with Sorella Gomez, we came to the conclusion that they probably can't understand the authority that went lost. Maybe they don't even know what Priesthood power is. What a BLESSING to know that the priesthood has been restored. My favorite part is this:

Brothers and sisters, as the literal spirit children of our loving Heavenly Father, we have UNLIMITED, DIVINE potential. We can drift away from the true doctrine and gospel of Christ and become spiritually undernourished and wilted, having removed ourselves from the divine light and living waters of the Savior's eternal love and priesthood power. 

I LOVE when apostles talk about divine potential. I will give ANYTHING to help my loved ones to understand and comprehend that God does not see us as we ARE, but who He planned us to be. He wants us to succeed. He gave each of us a unique potential that we can, for ourselves, discover. 

He goes on to talk about how, like the tomato plant, we too can become deprived of essential spiritual nutrients, light, and power of God. I have never visualized the priesthood power as something so high-maintenance. It is kind of like the mantle you receive as a missionary. You have the calling and authority...but the spiritual power, which converts, HAS to be nourished and given light. And it doesn't come at once. It grows as we pray, are obedient, and exercise our faith. It is REAL. And so is the priesthood.

I miss having priesthood blessings. The last one I received was in the MTC when I lost my voice before singing for Mission Conference. That was a long time ago. And I never thought I would be "hungry" for a blessing. Weird. It just reminds me of how much I want my future family to enjoy the blessings (and POWER) of having the priesthood in the home.

Mission miracles are everywhere. We saw a change of heart the other day. We stopped a guy and he ended up talking us to for about 30 minutes. His jaw just kept dropping and he kept saying, "It's true. Oh my goodness, it's true!!" Unfortunately, he gave us the whole "I'll call you..." But he seemed SUPER sure about it. So, that's enough for us. I still consider it a miracle. He kept laughing at how happy we were to talk about Jesus. He pointed at me and said "You are just crazy in love with Jesus, aren't you?" And I said yes. I think it is safe to say that. 

Alright, that's enough for now. 

You are all incredible. Can't wait to holdju. 

Love,
Sorella Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment