Bake Sale 1 {W}

November 07, 2013

The Blessing of Another Baptism


This is my street!!! I walk up and down it several times a day!!! The bottom left picture are the people right across the street. If you look at the top picture, on the house to the right of the green arrow thing, you'll see two large patios. Our is the one to the north. Thats where I exercise in the morning! YAY!

I am so very grateful to be a missionary in Mestre. I can't express how neat it feels to be a part of so many different service projects..all at the same time. First, we get to teach the gospel and witness people perform eternal life saving ordinances. Second, we get to teach English, clean houses, talk to people about their lives. And as we all know, when you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of our Heavenly Father. Service is one of the biggest aspect of missionary work. I am so grateful that you taught us to love serving! 

We did a fast on Sunday for our investigator who wants so badly to get baptized, but her living conditions don't permit it. As I was praying the night before, I felt like telling Heavenly Father that I have done a whole lot of fasts in my mission, and it would be really really nice to see results while I'm still in Mestre...   whether that was okay to ask for or not, God responded!!! As our investigator walked into church with her little girl, she looked at us and said, "I found a place to live!!! I will get baptized next week like we planned!!" She was GLOWING. She couldn't stop smiling!!! I feel SOOO very lucky to have witnessed her change of heart. There are about 3 previous sisters who have worked with her, and I have to thank them for the wonderful work they did in preparing our sweet sister get ready for baptism. This will change her life and she is so ready for that. She has lightened up in these past few weeks.

This email can't be complete without talking about Zone Conference. Elder and Sister Texiera are THE BEST!!! They have a way of teaching with so much love and passion for the gospel. And, they somehow make you feel like they are speaking directly to your heart and mind. They smile as they teach. They joke and laugh, but in such a reverent manner. I love it. They must have been some very special misson presidents. They taught us new ways to find, and work with progressing investigators. They taught us to be patient with ourselves and focus on making things better, not perfect. They talked a lot about beliefs, and the power of what a belief can do. Elder Texiera said, "If you believe in Christ, then you believe in repentance." How true that is. One thing he pointed out was that if one believes in Christ, then they will be willing to obey him. It is so sad when we talk with someone who says that they believe in Christ, but when we ask them to obey one of his comandments, like keeping the sabbath day holy, they say they don't want to. 

Elder and Sister Texiera

I am so grateful to be a member of the LDS church! I adore learning about Christ, and his life and the miracles he performed. The miracle he has done in my life will forever be a reminder of his love for me. The love I feel from my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ is so evident. I wish I could say that I never forget what it feels like, but sometimes I do. I mean, it's always there, but sometimes I just need a reminder. Through my loved ones, I have often been reminded of heaven's love, and what a blessing that is! I hope that somehow Heavenly Father will let me continue sharing His love for His children...even after the mission. I have felt it, and can't help but share it!

I can't believe it is already November. Yesterday at the conference, the younger missionaries kept reminding me that I only have 6 weeks left. If only they knew how hard it is to hear that. Just when you start getting somewhat of a hang on things, they send you home. But, who says you can't still work your little heart out for the next 6 weeks!! I am SO ready. There is so much good to do. And I feel SO blessed to have these extra days of service!!!

You are all SO loved! Hope you all have a great day!!

Love,
Your Sorella Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment