I have been so happy and overwhelmed with gratitude this week. I can't BELIEVE that Joe has now been through the temple. I am so excited for him. This week, I couldn't stop imagining being in the temple with all of my loved ones. Every one of them. It gives me chills and usually brings tears to my eyes.
I wrote you about my experience with the anti-mormon info in the letter I sent home. But, I wanted to just touch on the fact that the temple is what keeps me constant in the church and pressing forward in faith. I can't imagine going back after having "tasted" of the love and peace that the temple holds. I can't imagine being so close, and not being able to enter. I never thought going through the temple with absolutely eveyone in the family would ever be possible. Not because I didn't believe in our fam, but because it just seems too good to be true. And here we are, preparing to be together, in eternity while still on earth. I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of eternal families, and the motivation it gives us to keep trying. I realize now that I need the temple, and I need my family. I can't do without.As I've reflected on my experience in Italy, I've come to realize how different everyone's needs are. Needs are a funny thing. We are always changing, and so our needs change as well. I remember Westley walking around saying, "I need 20 dollars!" So precious, and so innocent. I watch the little kids in church ask their parents to do things for them that they can't do for themselves, like tying shoes, wiping their hands clean, blowing their noses, etc. Then, I watch the other adult members. Their needs in church aren't to have their shoes tied, but to feel the spirit, have their testimonies strengthened, their hearts converted. Then, you look around at everyone on the street, on the bus, in the tram, and realize that their needs differ even more! They need to know that they are a daughter or son of God. They need to feel loved. Maybe, they need a smile. You never know. I m going to miss being a missionary, where we spend a good majority of our time trying to discern the needs of others. I am so grateful for the chance I have to practice this skill. It will only come in handy for the future...I hope. :)I need the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I need my family. More than anything, I need my Savior. The hymn, "I need thee every hour" has a whole new meaning to me now. I feel so lucky to have felt and seen His grace in action for the past year and 5+ months. And I couldn't be more grateful for the gift of these next three weeks.By the way, I am staying here. Sorella Beutler is beng sent to FIRENZE for only three weeks. Pray for her!!! My new comp is coming from Como. She is in her seventh transfer. Pray for her too. :)Love you!!!Love,Sorella Beus
Bake Sale 1 {W}
November 27, 2013
I Need Thee Every Hour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment