I
had an interview with Pres. Dibb, and he was just so grateful for my
influence here in Mestre and needs me here for the sisters and for
the members. But Sorella Wightman (her first companion in the MTC and serving in Rome) and I both had dreams that we
served together for our last transfer...so now I am super confused!!
haha. jk. I will go wherever he needs me. I would LOVE to go to
Torino. I have put in my prayers and we'll see what happens.
Dad,
thank you for your reminder of Heavenly angels. I really needed it. I
feel like one of my struggles as of late is just opening my little
mouth. I have so much to say, and Satan wants me to think my words
aren't sufficient or that they won't do any good for anyone around
me. He is doing a good job. :( BUT. There is a stronger force coming
from the Holy Ghost that tells me it is going to be okay. And, plus,
now that you said it, I definitely feel the extra help. I wouldn't
have made it this far without it. Thank you Heavenly help.
Remember
in Young Women when we would sing the song that goes like so:
Fear
is like the clouds that veil the earth from the sun.
Faith is like
the morning rays that break when night is done.
And when the fear
inside me says that all my hope is gone,
Forward With Faith, EFY 2000 Click here to view
I
can't tell you how many times I have played these words in my head
this week and the last few weeks actually. I have felt fears to a
whole new level since I've been in Mestre. ... So, I read Jesus the Christ to calm down. By the way, have
you read that book??? SOOOOO good. I don't have enough time to
read as much as I want, but I am in Chapter 12 and can't get enough.
:) After calming down, we planned for the week, and I was
able to again feel the Spirit.
Anyway,
I have to keep pointing out how far I've come, and how much I've done
here. Especially here in Mestre. I got the sisters to plan an
activity that was held on Monday. There were 50+
there,
when usually there are 20 to 30. Miracle?? I think so. It was fun. We
had a fake campfire inside. Which was inspired planning on our part
because if it were outside, it would have randomly rained on us, and
people don't come to activities when the weather is bad or cold. So,
we had a jolly time playing campfire games after a beautiful
spiritual thought on the light of Christ by one of the bishopric
members. Then we ate. And oh boy, do Italians know how to prepare
food to eat. I'm in heaven here. :) There were 2 non member families
that came. SO neat to see them participate and have fun. The mothers
of the two families come to our English class week and adore the
missionaries. They know so much about the church, and now it is just
a matter of when they will be willing to take the discussions!!!
It
was a good week. I am almost done with the D&C and the BofM, and I
learn beautiful things every day. It's nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment