Bake Sale 1 {W}

October 24, 2013

I Have A Confession....

I have a confession...

I can't wait to go home!! But, not the home you are thinking of. :)

As you know, here in Mestre, we have been having our church meetings in a Catholic villa. In all the classrooms, there is a picture of a priest staring down or some kind of cross. It was getting kind of old, but, the members held out strong through it all and are now getting to go HOME!!! Home is where the spirit is. Home is where members can use whiteboards and teach a lesson. Home is where you can move the chairs around without having to worry about ruining the floor. Home is where memories are made, shared and saved. 

Our Own Chapel Restored!


I love home. I feel the excitement right along with the members. For so long, they have wanted to invite friends and relatives to activities or services, but have been so uncomfortable not being in their own chapel. I feel relieved for them. I am praying that this restored chapel will push them to start inviting!

Sorella Beutler is the tall brunette on the back row left

I am LOVING my new comp, Sorella Beutler. She is one of the sweetest people. Bless her heart, she is giving it her all. She has never been on a bike during the whole mission, and she is just hanging in there like a trooper. We've only had one accident. Thank goodness we are alive and well. She will forever be one of my role models. You would never guess that kind of things that girl goes through. She smiles though the hard times. She focuses on others. She is constantly complimenting others. She is a genuinely christlike person. I am the luckiest.

Three of my ex-companions went home last transfer. Oh how I miss them already!! I heard from two of them. I can't imagine being in their shoes. They are taking the change in stride. 

I am running out of things to write to you all. How about a scripture?? Ether 3:15-16

 15 And never have I ashowed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man bbelieved in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own cimage? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.
 16 Behold, this abody, which ye now bbehold, is the cbody of mydspirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.
I love these verses. How much more clear can you get?? Our bodies were created in the image of of God, and thus, were created in the image of our spirits. Who we are is no random surprise. It was meant to be how it is. I find so much comfort in knowing that God's plan is perfect. We taught some of our African members the Plan of Salvation yesterday. They got SO into it, and I couldn't help but get chills. They know who they are, where they came from, and where they are going. They are both converts. And the knowledge of the plan has made ALL the difference. I may not see another baptism here, but boy has my testimony been strengthened while I've been Here. I love Mestre.

Well, fam and friends, that's all. You are all so special to me!!! Thanks for letting me spend earth life with you. This isn't the end, and oh how grateful I am for that!! :) :) Hasta luego!!

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment