Bake Sale 1 {W}

June 19, 2013

Then off to Verona! (Kiss Me Kate!)

Okay, can I just tell you all how UNREAL this is?!?!?! 
I was just transferred to the amazing VERONA! Woah. I just keep falling in love with every new city. We are living on Corso Porta Nuova, which is the street that leads to the Arena of Verona. We just look down the street, and whoop, there it is. I am on bikes again!! First day I was a little sore, but thank goodness I am not starting from square one again!! 




Also, we spent a Pday going to the Verona Archives where there are 4 sets of senior missionaries who are capturing images of every archive (wedding, birth, death, etc) from 1900 to 1942. The books are BEAUTIFUL. We got to see some from the 500-1000s. So neat. We LOVE our senior missionaries!! They take such good care of us. They are so talented too. Two of them speak latin and were professors at BYU, while some of the others are on their 4th mission. So neat!!


SOOO many sites to see!!!
The new calling has definitely brought on some fun responsibilities. We spent 3 hours just planning when I got there. We have already done some exchanges. One was with Sorella Beutler from the MTC. Wow, has she grown!!! I love her more than I did..which was almost impossible. I can't WAIT for this transfer. I ADORE THESE SORELLE!! They are so strong, wise, mature, and happy. We get to work with the sorelle from two zones! Which means, more love to go around. I am excited to see what we can learn from all of them. I already know that they will be teaching me more than I could ever teach them.

We had our LAST Zone Conference with the Wolfgramms on Monday. Sorellas Gomez, Beutler, Pearce, and I are the oldest in the two zones...and we just bawled our eyes out. We don't know where it came from, haha. We LOVE the Wolfgramms!!! I feel so lucky to have had a year with them. Thank goodness they live in Bountiful.

We are teaching a FAMILY. I don't know what else to tell you about them other than the fact that they are the most elect family I have ever met. The mother and father have started coming to church in a white shirt and tie and skirt. Without anyone telling them to. They are SO attentive. I love them with ALL my heart!!

            

One of THE most precious things I will EVER own!



All the Sister Training Leaders were able to go to the place where all the new missionaries were coming to meet their trainers. So, I got to watch Sorella McCann meet her new greenie. SOOOO PRECIOUS. I miss her so much but am more than confident in her ability to do this. She is now my sister forever.

While looking around, I noticed that EVERY SINGLE ONE of my companions was in the room. 4 of which are training sister leaders with me. I did NOT miss the opportunity to take a pic. So, here it is. This is probably one of THE most precious things I will EVER own. It makes me cry if I think about it too much. :)

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! The church is true. God is TOO good. Family is eternal. The end.

Love,
Sorella Beus

P.S. This morning, we spent an hour and a half looking for an internet point in the BLAZING sun and HUMIDITY. We gave up and went back because it was just SOOOOO HOT. WOWOWOWOW!!! It is just the beginning of summer, too!! I am just going to have to get used to being soaked in sweat. Yuck. :)


My companion, Sorella Gomez!!! :)


BTW, Mckay Tanner is TRAINING!!!!! We said to send this pic to Shana. Mother, he is so solid. Everyone loves him. When he shakes everyone's hand, he does the two hand hold, if you know what I mean, SOOO cute! He is such a humble country boy. Love having family here!!! Here are the Beuses. We need more!! haha.

Beus Cousin Powerhouses!

McKay told his family that when they went to pick up their greenies he ran into a familiar face! Sorella Beus! "It was awesome! We actually had some time to chit chat and she is probably my favorite person in this mission! Such a happy and jolly missionary!"

TOOOOO COOL TO HAVE RELATIVES SERVING IN THE LAND OF THEIR ANCESTORS!



No comments:

Post a Comment