Bake Sale 1 {W}

June 19, 2013

June 1, 2013 - Letter to Grandma Beus



1 Giugno (June) 2013

Dear Grandma Beus,
As I'm writing this, I'm listening to the cd of children's Primary songs you sent me, & oh how I love it!!! The day it came, we were riding w/a member from Milano to Como, and I asked if we could listen to it, & he gladly put it in & sang along with it for the whole drive. :) Thanks for always taking care of me, even when I'm miles & miles away.

By the way, someone gave me this paper for the b-day, & I thought I would put it to use writing letters.

Grandma, the mission is a beautiful thing. I am learning more and more each & every day. I can't believe I've almost been out for a whole year! Time just flew by. I love all my friends here. I am meeting some amazing people. There are people from everywhere. A lot of Africans and South Americans come here looking for work, but it is really hard to find. Lots of them left their families to be here, & it breaks my heart. We just believe so much in united families you know?! Families are meant to be together. The longer I am here, the more I “crave” to be with you all again. Not because I'm homesick, but because that's just where I belong. God sent me to you because He knew it was where I would best learn & grow. I am so grateful to have been born into a family that is strong in the gospel. I was reflecting, along with Sorella McCann, on my childhood in the church. I remember going every week & doing all the actions to the songs. It was fun & I didn't mind going. I went to church b/c it was weird not to. Being a member was the “norm.” I feel like it wasn't until approx 3 years ago that I really began to understand what it means to be a member of Christ's church in these latter days. It didn't make sense that I wasn't rushing or anxious to get married. After all, isn't that what Mormon girls do?! Find an RM & get married in the temple, & then raise a family in the gospel? After a few months, I felt confused. Amidst all the stress & confusion, I broke off the engagement & went to the bishop for advice. That path I took a few years ago has only brought me joy and peace. I guess... actually, I know that is why I am on the mission today. I know that the gospel brings peace to confused lives. I know it brings reason to trials that wouldn't make sense otherwise. I know, with every part of me that God is aware, & NEVER out of reach. In the times of stress & confusion in my life, I was able to find comfort in the message of the gospel because of grandparents & parents that have taught me well, I knew where to turn to find the answers.

I can't imagine anywhere else I would rather be than here in Como. It sometimes seems too good to be true. I love our God who allows us to be instruments for His work. We are the luckiest :) You are an AMAZING grandmother. I ADORE you. And pretty soon, I will be able to tell you about all the things that have happened here in the last little bit. But for now, I leave you with my testimony that I know the Savior lives. He is always by our side. He knows how to comfort us in times of need. He loves us more than we can imagine. I can't wait to hug & thank Him. One day. :)
LOVE YOU!!!! XOXOXOXO
Sincerely,
Sorella Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment