Bake Sale 1 {W}

February 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

On Valentine's Day, it will have been ONE YEAR since my call to the Italy Milan Mission was assigned. Crazy, right?! So much has changed in that one year! And boy, am I happy for that change. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

This week, I got a new companion. She is Sorella Santoro from Bari, Italy and outstanding! We have way too much fun together. The members adore her, the investigators adore her, and all is well on the Firenze front! 



Dear Dad,
I just got done eating a “blood” orange. It's an orange that looks totally normal on the outside, but when you peel it apart, the pieces are “blood” red color mixed with orange. It's actually really pretty! And yummy. And I think of you and your love for oranges every time I eat one. :) Dad, you're going to love it here. I can't wait to be here with you and mom!

Sorella Eaton and I just had a conversation about seasoned salt, which I hope you still use. We realized that the U.S. is really good at a lot of things. For example, season salt is one of the best inventions ever, but I don't even remember what it tastes like because it (or anything like it) doesn't exist in supermarkets here.

Also, the U.S. is good at making scotch tape and other tape that rips. Here the tape just doesn't rip and it is funny to us! They are really advanced but are just behind in some small things. My love and appreciation for the U.S.A. grows (& has grown) quite a bit the longer I'm here. I am proud to be an American. :)



I just read a talk that Sheri Dew gave at a BYU Devotional in 2003-ish.. changed my life. She says that to access the power of God, we need to have unwavering faith. If you know what it is and how to develop it, feel free to let me know. I want to grow my faith on the mish before it's too late." (She really means it! Any ideas? Send them to  katherinebeus@myldsmail.net

I love studying the scriptures on the mission. I'm reading the Book of Mormon in Italian and am getting different things out of it. I just finished Mosiah 18 and was touched by the faith and diligence of Alma. He put his life in danger by doing what he did-- but it was his knowledge of the truth that led him to that point. THEN, the number of those who believe increases from approx 200 to approx 500.. SO NEAT. It reminded me that we ARE planting seeds. I have worked so hard and know we've strengthened the members here. I am content and happy with life. It is hard, but I am growing. Thanks for the letters of love and encouragement. They make all the difference in my attitude and love for everything. 
Love and think about you!
[insert cheek to cheek hug here]
Love,
Sorella Kate Beus
P.S. There are AMAZING Italian products too... I do love everything about Italy :)
(Handwritten Jan 27, 2013)

Seasoned Salt photo cred:
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/lawrys-seasoned-salt/images/9828663/title/lawrys-photo

Scotch Tape photo cred:

No comments:

Post a Comment