HALF WAY!!!
In the words of the scriptures... "It has become expedient" that Katie's blog no longer be a public blog so if you know someone who would like to continue to read of her mission adventures, please send an email to beushome@yahoo.com
Thank you for your love and support! It means EVERYTHING to her!
My Favorite Katie Quotes:
"Seeing people desire to change, then learning how, and then doing it is amazing. It means the world when you can see that a person is trying. I had a moment this morning when I was so overwhelmed with love for these people that I couldn't help but cry! It's funny when that happens. There is no way of describing in words the emotions that you start to feel when you think about sharing the message of the Atonement with others. And I mean really, there isn't a way of describing the Atonement in words. It is too special. Too sacred. Too wonderful. All we can do is invite others to feel it for themselves."
-Katie Beus, Oct 2012.
A mission is definitely not easy and not always fun. But there is something super satisfying about looking back on the past months and realizing you worked HARD. You cried, you fell down, you got rained... actually poured on, you froze, you died of heat... and you saw countless miracles, nevertheless. The Lord loves us so much. And I love Him.
-Katie Beus, Dec 2012
I feel so blessed that God wanted me here in this time and in this place to be a leader and an example to those sisters who will be coming in. I am learning so much, thanks to humbling experiences and miracles. I feel my Savior's love every day of my life here.
–Katie Beus, Jan 2013
–Katie Beus, Jan 2013
I've come to terms with the fact that I may not ever be THAT missionary who has all the right things to say. Maybe I'll never be able to fully express myself but I can love like crazy those with whom I interact. I can tell them that I appreciate them and ask if there is anything I can do to help. I can offer prayers in lessons and ask Heavenly Father to soften the hearts of those whom we are teaching so that they can understand and be touched by our message. I can bear pure testimony that I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am not ashamed to say I am Mormon. I am grateful for the knowledge I gain every day just by being a part of this church.
I know that there will be down days through the whole mission. We will all feel inadequate at times. But, that is what the Atonement is for. I know that we are not alone in this long road of developing our talents and strengths.
–Katie Beus, Feb 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment