Bake Sale 1 {W}

September 18, 2013

Tomorrow is a New Day!




Missionary work is kind of on hold here. But, why would there be missionaries here if there weren't people who are being prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel?? When I came in, there was a little bit of discouragement. They have been trying to work with members, but it just isn't producing the results we want and need.

SO, I thought about it. What motivates sister missionaries?? I don't know about all sisters, but I know that here in our apartment of four, chocolate is a pretty good incentive. So, I decided that in order to increase our numbers, we NEEEEED to increase our teaching pool. We found some old Nutella jars and bought some M&M's and we are putting one in the jar for every person talked to. It sounds so simple, but it works. We also wanted a way to show the members what we are doing. When they ask how our missionary work is going, we can just show them the jar. We can say this is how many people we talked to, but how many came to church??? We NEED the help of the members. But, until the time is right, we are just going to increase our own efforts. They need to know how much we care, and in order to do so, I think they need to realize how much we do because we ADORE and LOVE them. Sorella Morley, who is a wonderful cook, is going to bake cookies with all the M&M's when we are done with this transfer so that we can "give" our members all our efforts. 

I was reading a conference talk the other day from May 2012. In Italian, it's called "Avere la Visione per Poi Agire. " I think it would be "Have the Vision to Then Act"   Either way, it is SO good. It talks a lot about how Christ always saw in his disciples the potential they had. He saw exactly what they could become. He never expected them to be different than who they were. He just loved them until they saw their potential themselves. Then, they acted and became witness and friends of Christ, manifesting of His love and truth in all their actions, even to death.

This is the concept that we need to put into practice as missionaries. We LOVE these members. We LOVE our investigators....but what is it that we are willing to do for them. Until we can realize, truly, their divine potential, we won't know how to take care of them. I have felt countless times on my mission that an idea or thought didn't come from me, but from the Spirit. It came only when I was giving my heart to the Lord, and the people I am serving. We all need to have a vision of what we can accomplish and who we can BECOME. It doesn't matter where we are now. Tomorrow is always a new day. We need to start seeing ourself as Christ and HF see us. Then, and only then, can we act to get to where we can be. 

I feel SOOOO blessed to be here. I am amazed that Heavenly Father has made something out of me, as imperfect as I am. Somehow, he let's me be in Italy, in Mestre, and to give all I have. This is the most incredible experience of my life. I am SO grateful for this. 

Love you all!!!

Love,
Sorella Beus

No comments:

Post a Comment