Bake Sale 1 {W}

September 04, 2013

Farewell to Family D and Sorella Gomez


Sad farewell to Family D

Farewell to Sorella Gomez and hello new roommates!


I love my life in Verona. It was always way too good to be true. 

I have been saving some miracles to tell you all. Not because I didn't want to tell you, but because I wanted to see where they would go. 

Well, we have been teaching an Italian FAMILY for quite some time now. They are so incredible. They have broken our hearts, and made our hearts swell with joy. Basically we have felt EVERY emotion with them. Let's call them the Family D. 

Family D is the perfect family. Dad, mom, daughter, son. Well, Dad decided he was ready for BAPTISM, and Mom is ready within a few weeks along with their 9 year old daughter. This means, an eternal family is about to come into the fold. YAYAYAYAYAY! I feel beyond lucky to have witnessed the many changes of heart this family has gone through. They have had quite the time. They are surrounded by member friends. I have learned, through them, what it is like to go from believing NOTHING to believing in life after death and in an extremely loving Father in Heaven. Like Italians say, this is beautiful.

Well, Dad's baptism is in a week and a half, and Mom's is in 3 weeks!

And.....................................

I am being TRANSFERRED!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I have been transferred to MESTRE to be companions with Sorella Morley, one of the sister's I lived with while in Milano going to and from Como every day. She is great. She and I have always served close, but I never ever thought I would be her companion. She has one transfer left, so my goal is to keep her going strong until she "dies" (as missionaries say it). 

I felt heavy when I heard it. I adore Verona. I wake up loving it and go to bed dreaming about it. It is the perfect place. I feel like I always loved the mission, but coming to Verona was another world. I loved everyone from the very beginning. I saw and felt things I didn't ever expect.

But, that is how the mission is. I will miss this place with all my heart. And my lovely companion is staying here for her last transfer. Thank GOODNESS. She deserves it. I've been really excited for her. And I appreciate so much that she knows how lucky she is as well. She is humble and grateful, and I really admire her. 

I am going to miss this... :( :( Life goes on though. It has to. And God has something beautiful and challenging for me in Mestre. For those of you who don't know where Mestre is, it is right next to Venice. So, people here tell me I shouldn't complain. But like other cities where I've served, Venice isn't Verona, Bergamo isn't Como. They all have their own charm. You find something to love everywhere you go. Sometimes, you just click better in some places than others. For the first time, I haven't felt "ready" to leave a city. But I think that is part of the challenge that is going to help me grow. I love a good challenge. :) Heavenly Father knows me well.

And I will go WHEREVER the Lord wants me to go!!!!

I said that when I put my papers in and that hasn't changed. I am SOOO blessed to be here and learn from all these people and sisters (and elders)!!!!

That's it. Love you!!

Love,
Katie

Running to Castel Vecchio... love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment