Bake Sale 1 {W}

September 11, 2013

There is work to do. A lot of it.


Mestre is a nice city. I think I am going to like it. I am still in an area where we have no investigators. The members are super busy right now and most are still on vacation. So, we are doing finding work almost alllll day every day. The rainy season has started so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the package! I am wearing the cardigan RIGHT NOW! :) :)

I am serving in a ward with 5 other missionaries, 3 sisters and 2 elders. Our chapel is under construction so we meet in a Catholic church about 10 minutes away from the LDS church. Can you sense the difficulties?? It's discouraging for the members but they are super strong and have hung in there from year to year, just holding on to any hope they have generated in the past. There are few young families in the ward, and a lot of part member families. There is work to do. A lot of it. I don't know where to start. I feel truly inadequate to be here. I don't know what I have to offer these wonderful people!!

My companion, Sister Morley, is a sweetheart from Highland, Utah. She likes to cook and take care of others. Perfect. She is going home in less than a transfer now. Crazy.

One thing I noticed about Italians this week that I really like is that when you are leaving their house, they refuse to close the door until you are out of sight. Isn't that so cute?!?! Some of my favorite memories of Italy will be seeing those cute Italian faces poking out the door until I have gotten in the elevator or gone down the second flight of stairs. They are so sentimental. I adore them and want to hug all of them at the same time.

I miss Verona. A lot.

Love you!!!!

Sister Morely likes to cook and care for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment