Bake Sale 1 {W}

August 07, 2013

It is what it is....




We had a challenging week, and at the same time, super rewarding. Time flies. There isn't enough time to work how I want to work, to love how I want to love, and to learn how I want to learn. But, if the Lord gives you 18 months, it is because He knows it is enough.

I have been so grateful lately. I am grateful for the little things that happen that make life worth it. Like, when you are riding on a train and look out and see a beautiful sunset over green fields. Silence. Texts and calls from investigators. Hearing Italians trying to pronounce your last name. Getting to church barely on time, and covered in sweat. Fans. Accents. Mission family. Words of encouragement from loved ones. Pictures that bring back memories. And other stuff like that.

Our hearts were broken, and then fixed this week. We had a little scare when it comes to one of our families we are teaching. I can't go into detail, but I can tell you that the overwhelming love that you develop for these people can give you energy and strength beyond your own capacity, and unfortunately can sometimes hurt you. Who knew. I've had my fair share of heart breaks during the mission...and it doesn't get any easier. But, we did feel the healing and comforting powers of the Atonement. Which feeling is the sweetest feeling that an earthly human being can feel.

I love this.

That's it.

Love, Your Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment