Bake Sale 1 {W}

August 21, 2013

Still loving it!



I have been in Verona for a while now! And like I say every week, it is just so easy to love. I remember you telling me that Matt Pyne said you just keep hitting your pillow, and then before you know it, you're coming home. It happens, people! Somehow, it is already Wednesday again. I feel like I just wrote!  Yet, here we are. Still tired. Still here. And still loving it.

I have had quite the week of thinking. My thoughts are everywhere. Nothing new. I have been struggling with being tired for the whole mission. It is the first thing I ask for help with when I pray in the morning! And you know what? God is helping me! We wake up at 6:20 every morning to go running to Castel Vecchio. SO worth it. My companion and I are constantly on the run, and somehow, we aren't dead yet. 

The other day, we called an investigator who said he could only see us RIGHT then. We said, OKAY...but we were still 35 minutes away by bike. Well, we didn't want to miss it because it was our first appointment with him and his wife. So, I said, "We'll be there in 20 minutes!" We hopped on our bikes and raced off. It was SOOOOO hot, and the ride was ALL uphill, and we had NO idea where his house was. But, we had faith. :) We arrived less than 20 minutes later. Sweaty, but happy. THAT is a miracle.

I am learning so much from all the younger sorelle in the mission. They have such sweet stories as to how they got here. They all say that the announcement was made "just for them." SO cute. And here they are. 19 yrs old. Away from home for the first time. And willing to give their all to the Lord. I love the assignment we have. I love getting to serve with 20 other sisters!!

I have been praying a lot for charity. It seems like one of the things that I really NEEEED to develop. It is the only thing that helps you love someone that doesn't love you back. Having charity is being like Christ. Now, if it were easy to develop, we would all be perfect by now. Why, oh why, does progression require so much work?? Haha. I love learning. 

LOVE YOU.

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment