Bake Sale 1 {W}

December 12, 2012

Visiting Old Friends in Bergamo-- Dec 12, 2012




I am writing from BERGAMO!!!!

Yes, you heard right. I got a call last Thursday saying that my "permission card" to stay in the country has arrived and was waiting for me in Bergamo and needed to be picked up on Wednesday. Which means, I had to go back!!! YAY! Not only that. Sorella Eaton got her card too, but it came into Torino...so that meant we had to go there TOO! We went to Torino on Sunday night and got to do a little bit of the work with the sisters there. It was fun, and BEAUTIFUL! I would love to serve there one day. How cool to serve in the same place where your family lived for centuries?! Start praying now, haha. We got permission to go to Bergamo on Tuesday and do splits with the sisters here...which meant that Sorella Padula and I got to work together again!!!!! I cannot express in words how beautiful the splits were. I was SO excited to see the people here. Sorella Padula knew I was coming, so she set up appointments for us with Stephen and Patrisia, and some other great people. She also didn't tell any of them I was coming so I could surprise them. How sweet is that?! I wish I could express how cute they were!! There faces were SOOOOOO surprised and SOOOOOOO happy to see me! It felt like coming home after a long vacation. They all asked if I could stay longer. It felt good. We saw miracles like CRAZY! Seriously. One after another. Bergamo is doing SO well. Sorella Padula and I had some great conversations. She kept telling me that all the miracles that were happening now were due to the hard work that I did...and of course the timing of the Lord. She was so sweet. We were super content and happy to work together again. Pure love. I am beyond grateful for the things she taught me and continues to teach me. We taught some fabulous lessons. Overall, this was one of the best mission Christmas presents EVER. There are tons of baptisms scheduled for the people that we started teaching last transfer, and I am so grateful for the Lord for helping them all prepare. Sigh.... life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment