This is a link to the audio clip from her farewell for those weren't able to be there or would like to listen to it again. :) Big thanks to the Koch family and Digital Memorys for making this
recording! For those who were there that day, you probably remember
Katie speaking at a record pace, haha. Greg Koch was able to use his
marvelous expertise to slow it down a touch. :) Thank you!
Link to just the duet with Katie below. Last time singing with Katie for a year and a half!! Here is what she said to introduce it:
"When I was 7, I was able to witness my
oldest brother choose to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints. Then, when I was 11, I witnessed my second oldest brother
follow in his footsteps. At both of their farewells, my twin sister, Kim, and I
sang a song written by my mother called, “Your Turn to Serve.” As I am now
following in both of their footsteps, I thought it appropriate to share that
song with you. It is simple, yet it still means a lot to me as I’ve come to
realize that serving a mission is the path that Heavenly Father desires I take."
Click HERE
I also wanted to share this picture of Katie's birthday present to me this year. She had been working on a project for a few weeks but I wasn't allowed to know what it was. On the Saturday before she got set apart I came home and she pulled out an ADORABLE picture frame with pictures of special moments we've had together since we graduated high school. One was from our graduation pictures, one from the first time seeing each other after being at different schools for a whole semester, the next from an eventful summer, and the last from our road trip together out to Virginia. She also included a quote saying, "Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be." - Toni Morrison, Beloved. Isn't that the cutest quote?! I think it describes our relationship perfectly! She tied a bracelet to the frame that was gold and shaped in hearts... some of her favorites. Her gift means so much to me and I'm grateful that I'll have it as a reminder of my FAVORITE twin ever!! Without delay, the finished product!
So grateful for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment